Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Food Feature Friday #51: The Mystery Has Been Solved?!

Recently I conquered a quest I believed unconquerable, because I truly thought it was just a mere myth. But alas, it t'was real and I had found the treasure!


Ok enough of that.


Earlier this week I was at Target, when I noticed a box of Oreo's with white packaging. The reason this is significant to me, is because a few months back I had heard a "rumor" that Nabisco was going to release a "mystery Oreo". Nothing more had been said about the mysterious Oreo, so I shrugged off ever trying them. In fact, I began to think it was a hoax and I had fallen for it, but there they were at the checkout stand.


The entire gimmick is that if you can guess the flavor of the mystery Oreo and enter in your guess into their contest (using one of the ways supplied on the back of the package), you'll be eligible to win up to $50,000.


I love a challenge so we took a box home and have my own opinions!


SPOILER ALERT.


I've heard a few different theories about what people thought the flavor resembled. From lemon to blueberry muffins, everyone seems to have some fruity idea as to what might be between the two chocolate cookies. I for one agree on the fruity concept, but in a different way. A more cereal way.


Once I tasted the newest cookie to hit the shelves, it immediately gave me "Fruity Pebbles" vibes. Only thing is, I can't tell if it's Fruity Pebbles or the milk after you've eaten a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.


Granted this might give you guys a heads up on the flavor, but perhaps it's a valid warning. Some - probably most - will be even more tempted to these while others may want to avoid altogether. Personally I'm not a huge fan and really hope that this won't be a forever flavor.


What do you guys think? Have you tried them and what do you think? Do you want to try them or will you? Let me know in the comments down below!



No comments:

Post a Comment