Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A Dupe For A Dupe???

I've often made it clear that I struggle with acne and beyond sensitive skin. It's also very apparent that I'd rather not "splurge" necessarily, so budget friendly products give me a special type of joy.


In the past I talked about my budget friendly face-cleansing products - see HERE. Today I'm focusing on my face scrub, which is already cheap. When I stopped by Walmart earlier this morning I came across their version of  St. Ives Apricot Scrub that was only going for $1.79. In hopes that I found a second alternative that [hopefully] wouldn't agitate my acne, I decided to go ahead and take the challenge.

First off I'd like to say that I won't be able to give a definitive review, because I need to wait a few days to see how my skin fully reacts, but I may not need that long to decide whether or not I'll repurchase this Walmart product.



My initial review is that I can't stand the smell. It reminds me of old, cheap oatmeal that has zero flavor. The texture is practically identical and my face does feel practically the same after, but I 100% prefer Target's Up & Up brand.


Smell shouldn't be the reason you necessarily base your entire opinion on for products like this, but in this case I just can't stand the smell.


I was hoping to have a secondary product I could easily fall back on just in case Target was sold out or out of reach, but I think I'd much rather stock up than ever go back to this brand. In case you're wondering, I'll be returning this immediately and purchasing my ol' friend at Target with the money I'll be getting back.


Perhaps I'm too picky. Perhaps I'm not open minded. Or perhaps I simply don't like washing my face with something that makes me think of spoiled oats.


I would like to add that I'll be doing a few skin care and makeup reviews pretty soon, as I've missed doing my beauty routines. Personally I think some self love is in order for this momma, so I intend on doing just that! Perhaps this weekend I'll create a spa day here at home, resembling the one I had done before...with a few minor tweaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment