Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Target Haul + 5 reviews!!!

Hello all you beautiful readers! First of all, I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to all of those who have stuck with me this whole time and to all those who are just joining. I appreciate each and every one of you! I just didn't feel like I've said it enough, therefore I figured it was time to repeat it. Now that the formalities have been taken care of, let's get down to business. 

Yesterday I decided to go to Target. Like many before me and loads after me, I went in for one thing and left with six. Aye yi yi. I will say however, that I did need each item in some form or another, but this isn't confession time, it's review time!!!

The items I bought were a Men's Sriracha shirt in size small ($13) - I bought it for myself, E.L.F.'s Matte Lip Color Stick in Tea Rose ($3), E.L.F.'s Clear Eye Refresh "ointment" ($3), the Up & Up brand Apricot Scrub - similar to the St. Ives Apricot Scrub ($3), Ponds Dry Skin Cream ($5), and the one item I had actually planned on buying, the new "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" ($18). For those of you checking, that's a total of $45.


First off, I've been wanting a Sriracha shirt for quite a while, but couldn't find a Women's one. After trying on a Men's small and seeing how absolutely comfortable it was, I bit the bullet and bought it. To be honest I actually love it more, because it's loose fitting and extremely comfy. Like a teddy bear without the fur. For the price of $13, I just looked away - I really didn't want to spend that much - but I wear it proudly. It pairs perfectly with comfy jeans, a pair of shorts, some leggings, or any pair of pajama bottoms. Multi-useful and full of comfort. 

The next item was the E.L.F. Matte Lip Color, which I've been purchasing for as long as I started wearing lipstick. This particular color - Tea Rose - is a "must have" for me. It's matte without over drying - you can wear chapstick over or under it if you have extra dry lips and the pigmentation will still show through. With it's neutral tone, I feel you could easily pair this lip color with a daytime or nighttime look. For a more dramatic look, you could simply purchase one of their many beautiful colors in E.L.F.'s Matte Lip Color collection. For the price and how long they last me, I'm MORE than happy to re-purchase over and over again! You can see more on my makeup - including this lip color - on a prior post I did HERE



Seeing as how I'm a fan of E.L.F. and I was in the market for an under eye ointment/cream for my dark circles and puffiness, I decided to test out the Clear Eye Refresh. It's infused with all the good stuff - Aloe, Vitamin E, Cucumber, etc. - and I quite like that the roller ball is freezing cold. It's give me a nice "boost" in the morning when I've just woken up. Whether it's an extreme success or not, I can't quite make that statement yet, as I've just barely started using it. Once I've had some time to see the benefits - if any - then I will update this. 



Up & Up brand Apricot Scrub was something I've been interested in for a while. A long time ago I had tried the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but it broke my face out horrendously. It did not agree with me AT ALL. After finding out that my skin has different "taste buds" now, I decided to give the Up & Up brand a go. I also heard from a few friends that this brand - the non-acne one - was a great exfoliation for everyday or a few days a week. So I bit the bullet. So far so amazing! Not only does my skin feel absolutely refreshed and rejuvenated, but it doesn't break me out! Now THAT'S awesome! And that price!? Can't beat that with a stick. The texture itself is like a soft grainy feeling with moisturizing a moisturizing feel afterwards. With this you will notice the dead cells coming off your face, but it isn't as harsh as sandpaper, like some other exfoliates can feel like. I've even received compliments from people saying how my skin looks bright and healthy. I DEFINITELY will be re-purchasing this bad boy!



I was also in the market for a new face cream to really hydrate my skin during the day - especially with the OXY face wash AND the exfoliate - and decided to try Pond's. A family member of mine told me how it worked great with sensitive skin and the cream was a little bit thicker than normal - which is 100% true
, but didn't clog pores or add too much oil. This is really what drew me in, because if I'm not wearing makeup, I don't want to look greasy, just healthy. Again, so far so awesome. I haven't had any added breakouts, my face feels like it's very pleased with me after I use this, and my skin is noticeably smoother. I think that's because I'm pairing this lotion with the scrub. I barely need any at all - maybe a quarter size, if not less - to hydrate my entire face, so I think this thing will last me quite a while. That is a huge bonus for me, because I really didn't want to keep repurchasing a face lotion too frequently. 



Last but not least, the brand new "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" book that was released July 31st, 2016. I know this blog title said 5 reviews and I also know that I bought 6 items. I've given you 5 reviews already and that's how it's going to stay. Why? Because I HAVE to make an entirely new post about this book. I finished it within 6 hours due to so much built up anticipation and I plan on using that as fuel to write my next post. Whether it's a GOOD review or a BAD review, you'll just have to check back in tomorrow to find out! Trust me, if you haven't already purchased this book, you may want to read tomorrow's post before officially deciding. 

And there you have it. The six items from yesterday's mini haul. Yes I understand that "hauls" are normally much bigger, but I'm not a huge spender - or at least I like to think I'm not. So to me, this IS a haul. Also, I really wanted to do mini-reviews on each of the items I bought - minus the book of course - because I don't think each individual item deserves it's own individual post. I mean, I'm not here to bore you guys with pointless blog posts! 

Until tomorrow my friends, keep it rocking! And don't forget, tomorrow I will be reviewing the new "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" book. Was it amazing? Worth the wait? Over hyped? Horrible???? Find out here tomorrow on The White Rocking Chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment