Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

How to Create a Rockin' Business Card!!!

Today was an oh so glorious day for me. My business cards finally came in the mail today! I was so absolutely excited to see the adorable box sitting in my mailbox, I couldn't wait to see the beautiful creations. Of course I had to instantly share them with you all and blog about it. 

I want to be perfectly clear with you guys on this. I don't make money on this. I don't get things for free unless I've stated otherwise - like with my contests, when they were sponsored. I spend my own money, I write my own opinions, I do my own thing. I have my business cards to network with other bloggers or people who are sincerely interested in what I do/write. I also plan on giving them out to potential clients, in case in the future someone does want me to work with them. Regardless of my status with this blog - paid or unpaid - I REFUSE to be a sell out. I really don't mind not making money from this. I do this blog because I love you guys and I want to help. I want to be there in the good times and the bad, and I want you to know that I am a real person who cares. I write about a wide variety of topics, but that's because I don't just deal with one thing every single day. I have experiences that I want to share with you all, so you can gain knowledge and see a personal insight into things. 

Now that that's out of the way, I want to talk about business...cards that is. 

Recently I decided it was time to create a card for myself, so I could share with other people. Granted I do consider myself an "anonymous blogger" in a way, but I still plan on leaving a few here and there to branch out. For example, if I'm doing a review on a restaurant, I will ask permission first. Now that I have my own business card, I can simply hand them the card so they can see the review for themselves. This also is great for marketing if I decide to attend conventions in the future. I still want to keep the mild mystery of who I am, but you may not want the same thing. I have already had compliments from close family and friends about my cards. Since they've asked me how I created mine, I thought I'd share with you guys some key tips on how to create a memorably unique business card for yourself!

1. Make sure it resembles your product accurately. 
If you're a blogger - like myself - you want to make sure your business card resembles what your blog actually looks like. The color scheme, logo, style, etc. This allows others to easily correlate your business card to your business. Consistency is key and it helps represent that you aren't "wishy-washy". With mine, I added the similar colors that I stick to with my blog and social media accounts, plus I included the plant banner that can be seen on my blog. Easily identifiable for others.

2. Add a photo of yourself.
This is more towards bloggers, real estate, designers, etc. 

I didn't do this, but that's because I myself am an "anonymous blogger". I like my identity to remain a bit of a mystery. Perhaps someday I will display my face, but for now this is exactly how I want it to remain. Like I said before, I'm not in this for the fame or fortune. 

For those of you who DO showcase your gorgeous faces, you will want to have a professional headshot - perhaps the one you have on your blog, if you're a blogger - that will show your prospective clients who you are. Putting a face to a business, helps to make things personal and easily allows them to identify with you. 

3. Put your [business] name on the card.
I didn't do my real name, but I did put my blog name. This goes with the "face to business" idea. With your first name easily accessible, it showcases that you are a real person who can be noticed and worked with. This gives your prospective clients the opportunity to further personalize your future professional relationship. A first name underneath your picture would be best, as it keeps all the personalized information together neatly. 

4. Make sure to include contact information.
If you are simply a business owner and not a blogger for example, you can use your email and phone number. This can also go in the vicinity of your picture and name, again keeping personal information together. If you ARE a blogger, you will want to keep your social media contacts to a minimum of 4. Preferably the ones that you are most active and have the most following. This gives enough options for contact and showcases a sort of "portfolio" for your online appearance. It's almost like a mini-resume without all the grave detail. 

5. SIMPLICITY!
I can't tell you how many times I've been given a fancy business card that is practically illegible. It's a gorgeous card, well laid out, beautiful colors, but a semi-difficult font when it came to information. If it takes someone more than a quick glance to legibly understand what information is on your card, they will more than likely be thrown away or forgotten about. People often receive multiple business cards - at conferences or conventions - and they don't have time to continuously try to decipher what is written. This isn't Nancy Drew people, don't make someone act like a detective! Fonts can be useful when it comes to making your cards stand out, but don't overdo it with that absolutely gorgeous cursive that is tightly typed together. 

6. Matte, matte, matte. 
Have at least one side matte. I put "The Everything Blogger" - because that's what I am - but you need to make sure that people can easily jot down a note or two without worrying that their ink will smudge all over the place. Both sides of my card is matte and the back still has plenty of room for any notes someone may need to make. Just in case. 

7. Add a QR code. 
This is completely optional, but I think it's a super cool and easy way to give even easier access for someone to check out your business instantly. I added a simple QR code - which you can make/generate for absolutely free HERE or with a simple Google search, you can find a website you like - that when scanned, takes you straight to my website without having to do anything else. This allows for someone to scan and check out what I'm all about, without any hassle at all. Obviously my website is still very legible to be read, but the easier the better. Plus it shows that you can be tech savvy! 

And there you have it! 7 easy ways to amp up your business card style! I just used Vista Print, but you can choose whatever website or company you'd like. For me, Vista Print is extremely easy to work with and they have the styles of fonts I prefer, along with the color. Of course I'm sure many other websites have the same, but I stick to what I know. Plus their prices are awesome and constantly have deals! Saving money has always been my game, so I jumped right on board.

Business cards are all about giving others an easy understanding of who you are. Like I said before, it's like a mini-resume. You want to be clear on where and how to contact/find you, without being overbearing and bombarding them with decorations and information. Represent your business and yourself with confidence, and I think you'll have great success! After all, you're already rockin' as is!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment