Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Temporary chaos.

So on Tuesday I was notified that my apartment would be sprayed for bugs. Apparently someone else in the apartment had them - please do your dishes people - and while they are heavily spraying their apartment, they wanted to spray everyone's kitchens, bathrooms, and base boards as a precaution. It wasn't a full blown infestation - thank GOD - but they wanted to nip it all in the bud. The procedure itself wouldn't be too hectic and the chemicals aren't extremely harsh to humans, but we did have to be out of the apartment for at least 4 hours. 

In preparation for this spraying that took part today - Thursday, I had to make sure that their was at least a one inch space around every single base board in the apartment so they could spray. I took it WAY further and literally packed up EVERYTHING yesterday. I knew nothing could be on the floor, so I began to trash bag every single item I owned and put it all in our hall closet, on the sofa (which I also covered in trash bags. I had an over abundance of them), and on the kitchen table. I was so paranoid with the slightly high furniture in my son's room, I wouldn't even let him into his bedroom. Once everything was bagged, tagged, and ready to go, it was just a waiting game. 

6 am this morning, I woke up, finished packing up any remnants - shower curtain, dishes I washed last night, and our dry food - and took it all down to the car. I checked and double checked to see if I was missing anything at all, but thankfully everything was clear. My son woke up at 7 am, got dressed, and waited with me for the exterminators. They showed up at 8am and were impressed - and I think a little tickled - that I had packed up my whole house to the point that it looked like I was moving. 

We grabbed our bags and left. 

I will say this entire thing has been a draining roller coaster of emotions for me. This is my gorgeous, beautiful home. It may not be a giant house - or tiny house - nor is it filled with thee most expensive decor, but it's a home I worked so hard to create for my son and I. I knew that it wasn't as if I was leaving behind our apartment for good, but seeing everything bundled up and misplaced, it left me in tears. I know, I know, I'm emotional. But it was really hard to see my place so darn messy! Plus I have ocd to the point where I can not sleep at night if something isn't put away or taken care of, so seeing all our belongings in such disarray made me have a very harsh night. I actually didn't sleep until about 2 am, which meant I was running on 4 hours of sleep. My coffee was also delayed, seeing as how everything was packed up. 

I guess my emotions could've been running off of that, but I also think my exhaustion has truly taken a tole on me. 

I've been having extremely bad insomnia these past few weeks. Granted I normally deal with insomnia on a regular basis, which leaves me going to sleep around midnight and unable to really fall into a deep sleep throughout the night, but this has been different. I've had horrible anxiety attacks to where I'm shaking tremendously, I can't keep my eyes close, I've had severe headaches at night, and I haven't fallen asleep until 2 or 3 am. I know some people have it worse than I do, but my body is NOT used to this. It's suffering dearly. 

Thankfully now that were home, I've been able to put together the bedroom's and bathroom. The living and kitchen just needs to be finished tomorrow and I'll be able to relax comfortably. Saturday is my son's 2nd and final birthday party, which means Sunday my son and I will be having a movie marathon! We are very excited for leftovers, Netflix, and nothing. Believe me, my son gets so much activity during the week, he rather enjoys his Sunday off. Plus, he has a few toys he wants to just play with on the couch, so it's a win-win for everyone. 

I just can't wait for all this to be over with. I'm hoping that once all the festivities are complete, the house is back to normal, and we're back in our routine, my insomnia won't be so bad and I'll FINALLY get some rest. Lord knows I need it!

Hopefully your guys' day wasn't too stressful. Don't forget, tomorrow is another A to Z Friday Food Challenge, so be sure to check back tomorrow to see what deliciousness is on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment