Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Burger Worth Devouring!!!

Today was an emotionally rough day for me. It's the one year anniversary of my beloved Grandmother's death. Someone who I hold near and dear to my heart. Today we decided to commemorate her life at the Ocean Beach pier and then my uncle, son, and I headed out to a nice linner. We wanted to sit down somewhere and enjoy some good food, just as my Grandmother would've done. In light of trying to make today a joyous one, I also decided to include a review for a restaurant I think deserves some additional notice. I'm talking about 'Lazy Dog'. 

I've eaten here quite a few times and have had the pleasure of tasting a few items from their menu, but there are two items that are worth a specific shout-out. Two items that I almost always order, because they are just that good. 

First is the Baja California Burger. This burger is topped with guacamole, tomato, pickle, red
onion, hatch chiles, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, and jalapeno-lime aioli sauce on a brioche-style bun. It also comes with a side of fries, which I always order as "cajun". I can't even begin to describe the juicy goodness that comes from this particular burger. Not only do you get quality, you get quantity! It's so big, you will absolutely have a handful of goodness melt in your hands after every bite. I know that most people won't exactly think this is "lady like" - this is definitely NOT a burger for trying to look "cute" - but you will end up covered in saucy goodness once you've completed the euphoric eating journey with the Baja California Burger. It's extremely well proportionate and all the toppings compliment each other exquisitely. I've taken a few friends along with my uncle here to try this burger and all of them have raved about their "new favorite burgers". Trust me, this is something you HAVE to experience!!! 

The second item is a drink and while a drink may not be so extravagant to have it's own article on a blog, this time I think it is. My particular drink is called 'Jamaican Lemonade'. It consists of coconut milk, lime, orange juice, pineapple juice, palm juice, and sweet & sour. It has a taste of fruity sourness that you'd find in a refreshingly tropical drink. With this beverage, you won't be able to just "try it", you'll have to buy it! It's an amazing drink for the Baja Burger as well, seeing as how the fruit tends to pair amazingly with spicy meat. Or at least that's my opinion. 

When it comes to atmosphere, you'll find yourself in a very relaxing building, decorated with dog decor and a rustic modern vibe. It has a beautiful bar set up, but it's not a rowdy restaurant with disorderly conduct in every corner. You have a separate dinning area - not separated by walls, but merely tables - and I do feel as if the flow throughout the restaurant is an extremely functional one. It isn't "fine dining", but it certainly isn't a pajama diner either. You could eat with a date or have a family outing, either way you'll have a deliciously fun time. 


Have little furry friends? Don't worry, you're precious paw puppies can feast with you outside next to a fire pit or under a space heater, with an equally amazing dining experience. 

Pricing wise, I absolutely can't complain. For my uncle, son, and I to eat 3 amazing meals and 3 amazing drinks, we paid less than $40! That is a deal in my eyes when it comes to eating well at a restaurant! That includes 2 huge burgers, 2 fries, 2 'Jamaican Lemonades', a bowl of Mac n' Cheese, 1 regular lemonade, and a side of sliced apples. Now tell me the price wasn't worth it!

The service was also fantastic, from the hostess to the very attentive waiter named Matt. He made sure we were well taken care of, without being overwhelmingly intrusive. 

This restaurant has stuck around a while here in Mission Valley and I don't think it will be leaving anytime soon. With the business I constantly see and the quality it consistently provides, I don't see how it could possibly go under. 

So the next time you're up for a really good burger - or any of their delicious items - but you don't want to go to a fast food - or fine dining - eatery, check out 'Lazy Dog'! Trust me, you'll be thankful you did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment