Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Why everyone should play Nancy Drew!!!

If you've stuck around and read a few posts from the past, you may have noticed once or twice that I've mentioned my love for the infamous Nancy Drew and all her adventures. The books, video games, and board game starring the beloved detective, are all kept safely adorned in my home. Ever since I was a child I've aspired to be like and to be quite honest, I still do in more ways than one. 

I've even created my own board game (you can see it HERE), made my own Nancy Drew earrings (click HERE to see), and strive to complete my book collection (see HERE to read more about the books). I even own my very own copy of the Nancy Drew cookbook, which I am thinking about implementing into my weekly "A to Z Friday Food Challenges". I also found a Nancy Drew purse, in excellent condition, that came with the first 2 Nancy Drew books. My collection will forever build of Nancy Drew memorabilia. 

Contrary to popular belief, people of all ages from around the world - male AND female - play the exhilarating games. They even indulge in Nancy Drew conventions and newsletters! (See HERE to see about the conventions and newsletters and see HERE for the video games). 

As an adult I still find Nancy Drew to be an amazing hero and the video games by Her Interactive have become a family game night tradition between my uncle, son, and I. We buy delicious food, download one of Nancy Drew's computer adventures, hook the computer up to the TV via HDMI cable, grab our wireless mouse and notebook, and play until the mystery is complete. Most of the time we start a mystery around lunch time and finish well after dinner. This only happens once a month, so we REALLY get into it. We're currently waiting for the 33rd installment of Nancy Drew - hopefully released around Halloween this year, fingers crossed - but in the meantime, I thought I'd give you an insight into why Nancy Drew should be apart of everyone's lives! 

Besides, you don't want to miss out on the upcoming "Midnight in Salem" (the 33rd game) and you'll have the chance to catch up on all her past adventures! Of course you don't have to play them in order and if you don't like having a whole bunch of video game boxes lying around, you can directly download the game via Amazon - hence why not all my video games are shown in the picture. Click HERE for a preview of "Midnight in Salem". 

Without further ado, here are a few reasons why you should love Nancy Drew!!

1. She gives everyone life goals. 
Seriously, who doesn't want to be a professional detective where you get to sleuth around and solve mysteries?! I'm somewhat nosy and enjoy being included in things, so this would be heaven for me. 

2. Her wardrobe is perfection. 
I may be an old soul - which is why I freaking adore her attire from the books - but even her simplistic outfits in the video games (or what we can see), are exactly how I wish to dress. Covered, comfortable, and matching. I was Nancy Drew for this past Halloween (2015) and I wanted to stay in the DIY costume for all eternity. 

3. Her passport is FILLED with gorgeous stories. 
She receives free vacations to some of the most beautiful places in the world. Yes, her games - and books are based off of real locations. From Paris to Iceland, she experiences it all. 

4. She's smarter than she looks. 
Between her intricate puzzle-solving skills and the way she conducts her business, she's a genius. You get to learn all about rich cultures with the help of this special detective. A real inspiration for everyone, especially the youngans!

5. She gives you hours of creative fun!
Her games allow you to not only experience her vacations and allow you to act as Nancy Drew yourself, but you have the chance to solve the puzzles, use your noggin to creatively overcome obstacles (like being stuck in a burning shed), AND it's family friendly. There is something about sitting on my couch, eating delicious food, and snooping on everyone's business to find out who's playing the role of villain, that just makes everything else in the world seem irrelevant. Besides my family of course, because we all have to work together to figure things out. I'm telling you that things can be quite tricky! 

Still unsure? All I have to say is why?! 

No judgement here. Heck, if you don't buy the video games in the store, I will. Those games sell out so quickly at my Target, which is why I often times download them from Amazon. I just really love each game's box, as it always consists of beautiful graphics. 

So what are you waiting for? Go out and purchase yourself a game! You can always download an old school game from Amazon (around $5) before purchasing the more recent ones. I will say though that Her Interactive has come a LONG way since the 1st game. With spectacular quality and an increase in game time, you will definitely get two different - but still stupendous - experiences. 

Here's to Nancy Drew. The fictional hero that will forever remain in my heart, home, and computer. 

1 comment: