Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A frugal day of freebies, fears, and food.

I am absolutely exhausted from the highs and lows of the day. It was filled with loads of errands, chores, and fears. The emotional toll it took on my body was pretty significant. I'll admit it wasn't because of how much I did, but what I did to start off my Tuesday. 

As an adult I have fears that are severe. Things that cause me massive anxiety to the point where I avoid them at all costs. Unfortunately that isn't a healthy choice. The severe fear I'm speaking of at this moment is the dreaded dentist. 

Yeah I know that I need to visit them every 6 months, but I haven't. I just don't make it a point to have them dig at my teeth, scratch the plaque, and tell me I need dental work. Not my idea of fun. Of course this is all based on quite a few bad experiences I've had throughout my life. One being where I was laughed at for being afraid of having my wisdom tooth pulled and receiving a shot. My other wisdom tooth decided to start causing a fuss on Sunday, so I had no choice but to find a dentist that would entertain the idea of dealing with a slightly difficult patient. 

I ended up coming across a company called "Dental Express" (in Point Loma for my San Diego followers) that not only took my insurance, but was raved about all over Yelp. I read countless reviews and not a single one deterred me from paying them a visit. So I called this morning with an emergency (I initially made an appointment on Monday to be seen on Friday, but the pain got so bad I couldn't eat or sleep) and they so graciously accepted my plea, allowing me to pay a visit at that moment. Within a few minutes I was at the dental office, in a chair, describing my pain. 

Let me start out by saying that the entire staff and doctor that I came in contact with, was thee nicest people I've ever met. They were understanding, patient, sweet, kind, and caring. They listened to my concerns, addressed all my issues, and thoroughly answered my questions. I couldn't have been happier. 

After having my x-rays done, the doctor told me that my wisdom tooth had indeed over stayed it's welcome and it needed to be extracted. He prescribed me an antibiotic and pain medicine to get me through the next few days until my extraction appointment (Friday). Thankfully after taking two doses of my antibiotics - so far - my pain has already subsided tremendously to where all I need is 2 Advils and I can eat with discomfort. Hallelujah! 

Once I left the office - slightly anxious because I knew what was to come, but comfortable because I actually felt cared about at the office - I headed to my polling place, to vote for my choice in primary. It was California's turn and I wasn't missing my chance to vote! My son enjoyed receiving a sticker like me, as he felt "grown up". Can you say adorable! 

Walgreens was next on my stop of errands, as I was anxious to pick up my medicine for relief, which thankfully came! While waiting roughly an hour for my prescription to be filled, we stopped by the bank to pay my monthly checking account fee and pick up a few groceries from Vons. There we were able to also purchase our discount tickets ($4!!!) for the Del Mar Fair tomorrow! I can't even begin to tell you guys how excited I truly am, because not only am I finally feeling well enough to actually go and enjoy it, but we only paid $8! (My uncle is joining us and my son is free).

Of course I will be posting a blog about the delicious fair foods, fascinating exhibits, and awesome stands they have tomorrow! Which I've literally been anticipating since I started this blog, along with the holiday season! 

With tickets in hand, we picked up my prescription, headed to the mall for my favorite chicken teriyaki from Sarku Japan,  made chocolate chip cookies at the home, and sat down to enjoy MTV's Suspect show. 

From starting off the day with a high amount of suspense, fearing the absolute worse, to being full of excitement for tomorrow's big adventure, ending with cookies on the couch with my son and uncle watching an interesting TV show, I am worn out. Of course most people probably wouldn't have this much exhaustion after a "simple" day like this, but when you have emotions ranging from the highest spectrum to the lowest spectrum all day long, you get a bit worn out. Like they say, it's not the age, it's the mileage. 

I have to completely give it to the "Dental Express" staff though. They really made me feel welcomed. And while I'm not necessarily thrilled about having one wisdom tooth pulled Friday, I'm excited for this to all be over. Also, they gave me a free t-shirt just because it was my first appointment, along with the usual toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss. Score!

So my day wasn't overly exciting with action packed craziness or hilarious fails, but it's what happened. I'm currently sipping my Honeybush and Rooibos Tea (you can the review HERE) about to shower and sleep. My little one is passed out with a smile on his face, because he knows what's coming tomorrows. Seeing as how we will be walking, eating, and having a freaking blast - like we always do - I think it's time for this momma to call it a night and prepare myself for the journey that awaits. If you guys have any requests on what you'd like to see from the fair tomorrow, don't hesitate to ask!

Hopefully you've all had a magnificent Tuesday and check back tomorrow to see our Del Mar exploration story and pics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment