Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Who Am I?! The 100th Blog Post.

Some of you may know me, but most of you have no clue who I am. I've done this on purpose and the reasoning behind it isn't to be deceptive, but discreet. I have many layers and only few have been shown through this blog. I started this entire thing on a whim one day, jumping directly into this life with a regular ol' post. No explanation, no "about me" page. Well today, I've decided to break the barrier and officially introduce myself. 

Hello everyone, I am "The White Rocking Chair" and we've never truly met. 

Why "The White Rocking Chair" you ask? As a young child I was often rocked in a white rocking chair. This chair resembled a time in my life where I was free from trouble. Where I felt safe and secure. It gave me a single moment in time where I didn't have to worry. To this day that white rocking chair sits in a room. When I rock in the chair, it still grants me that serenity. I can close my eyes and pretend that for just a second, I don't have to worry. That's what I want this place to be. 

If you need an outlet or someone to talk to, I'm here. If you need advice on a particular topic, you can always contact me privately. If you aren't sure about something and it's causing any sort of dilemma (mild or severe), I will do what I can to resolve it for you. I am here to be your very own white rocking chair.

I am a 25 year old, single mom who has struggled with anxiety my whole life. At times thing can get difficult and cause me to have full blown panic attacks. With so much weight often held on my shoulders, I decided to create a blog. Not because I wanted attention, not for recognition, but because I really wanted to help others. I wanted to provide tutorials on how to get creative on a dime, easy recipes/meals for the family with a budget, stories to show you're not alone, tips for life, and reviews to save you time. I knew I couldn't offer much, but I wanted to offer what I could. 

Like I mentioned I have many layers to myself. I am an old soul who thoroughly enjoys waking up in the morning with a conchita (mexican sweet bread), some coffee, and "Murder She Wrote". I daydream of being a modern day Jessica Fletcher (Angela Lansbury's character in "Murder She Wrote"). While I'm cooking or cleaning, you can often hear Frank Sinatra or Bing Crosby playing on my record player. Every now and then my son and I will take a break from our chores to dance our hearts out. 

My dream and passion in life is to one day own a tiny house on a beautiful plot of land, where a small farm will live with chickens roaming the fields. I want to give access to those who can't afford organic groceries. I want to cook for the elderly. I want to help.

Tea time is a huge part of my every day life. At night when my little one has gone to bed, I read with a nice cup of tea or simply lay back with more Netflix. Relaxation is key to keeping a stable mind and getting to bed before 2am. I also drink my tea with creamer, honey, and sugar. Vanilla being my preference and dairy free being a must.  

I've had my downfalls in the past and wasn't always the best person I could be. I didn't always strive for excellence nor did I care about doing my best. Once I became a mother, that changed completely. I've grown a heart that cares more now than ever before. I pray to God and I truly do believe in blessings. My son and God saved my life in more ways than one. 

I played soccer for roughly 15 years and I truly wish that someday I could go back to playing, but sadly I was in a car accident 2 years ago which left me without the capability to run. I deal with intense pain during strenuous activities, but I've been participating in therapeutic exercises to slowly strengthen my back. Hopefully some day I will be able to jog down the street in the morning without feeling as if my back is going to split.

I'm tattooed (3 so far) and proudly half Mexican. I am a modernized hippie, which means that I live to be free and kind to all people, but I am not a nomad. I want to spread joy and happiness, no matter who you are. I don't judge a person by their looks, I don't think you should think just like I do, and I expect nothing from anyone. 

My best friend is my son and my adult best friend is my uncle. I tend to keep to myself and I appreciate my privacy. Yes I know how this seems a bit contradicting seeing as how I'm a blogger, but I do keep certain things secret. 

I do NOT make money with my blog nor do I do anything sponsored. This is all to provide you guys with answers and information. I know what it's like to just want the truth and that's why I'm doing this. 

I have a background in art (ceramics, poetry, theatrical, photography, painting, drawing). I always implement art into my life any way I can, because it's an outlet that keeps me sane. I still write in my journals, draw in my notebooks, paint what it's my soul, create decor or jewelry, and draw whatever I feel is worth being immortalized. I tend to aim towards nature when it comes to art, as it's beauty defines itself with every fiber of it's being. I still write poetry and I don't think I'll ever share them as myself. 

I am a home school teacher for my son and I don't intend on every keeping him hidden from the world. He has friends, he's going to be involved in sports, he's outgoing, and I don't regret it one bit. I'm a defensive mother who wants to teach her son that family is not only the most important thing in life, but that creating your dreams into a reality isn't as impossible as some make it out to be. 

I'm quite a book lover. Barnes and Nobles is an extra happy place for me that gives me a sense of tranquility. Sitting down completely engulfed in a novel, slowly escaping into an imaginative land gives me a euphoric sense of being. Peace is something I want in my son's life and mine.

As for "hobbies", I collect Nancy Drew books, DVD's (Big Bang Theory, 007, Murder She Wrote, Pretty Little Liars, Spongebob, and Star War's) and memorabilia. I'm a huge "Star Wars" fan and I never intend on stopping. 

I don't want to discuss my past as it's no longer relevant. It has shaped my into the person I am today, but I don't think tripping while looking back will do me any good. 

I play Lego's, kick butt at video games, go on picnics in the middle of no where, explore thrift stores, eat whatever sounds good, dress like an old woman, and am constantly learning about who I am every single day.

Now that you've finally gotten to know who I am, you can continue reading my blog with a better feel for who I am. 

I am all over the place, I have many different sides to me, and I still haven't shown my face. While my identity is hidden and my face hasn't been shown, I am here. I am a real person who wants nothing more than to provide entertainment, help, and tutorials any way that I can. 

I want you guys to know that just because I've written these 100 blog posts, it doesn't mean you are irrelevant to my being here. I'm only here BECAUSE of you. You are why I do this, you are why I try, you are why I'm working hard. 

This blog is all about you. Yes I include stories, but it's because I want you all to know that I too have bad days. I don't have an exciting life, I don't live luxurious, I don't intend on ever becoming famous. But I do care. 

Thank you for everything you've guys done. Thank you for the kind comments, amazing support, and constant love. Here's to many more blog posts to come!

Have a wonderful Wednesday guys and don't forget, you guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment