Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

What YouTube channels are ACTUALLY worth your attention?

With YouTube as an extremely common social media platform, that allows us to gain easy access to humor, tearjerkers, music, horror, and pimple videos, it's no surprise that it's one of the top ways of entertainment. I myself spend time watching videos from certain YouTubers. Seeing as how some of my favorites are well known-ISH, I thought I'd share with you the ones you may or may not be familiar with. If you aren't familiar with any of these, finish reading this blog post entirely (each YouTube name is a link so you can easily check out their YouTube pages) and go check them out on YouTube! 

While there are MANY diverse and successful YouTubers who are extremely loved and adored, I most likely won't be talking about the ones you often hear about on TV, commercials, Instagram, or from other YouTubers. Jenna Marbles, Superwoman, Swoozie,Tyler Oakley, Miranda Sings, Prank VS Prank, Timothy Delaghetto, etc. They are all extremely talented, they are not the ones I personally dedicate my mornings/nights too. Sorry guys. 

Now, if you're interested in OTHER stars who are equally as funny, talented, and filled with addicting content, check out my personal Top 5 recommended YouTubers to check out!


5. SORTEDfood
This dynamic duo first came into my life about a year ago, when they posted a re-creation of a Mac 'n' Cheese Burger. (View HERE) My mouth drooled at the still image and after watching the video, I ran to the store to attempt my own recreating. Spoiler: It was indeed a successful euphoria for my taste buds. After devouring the scrumptious meal, it hit me. If these guys could inspire me to cook in that one video, what other deliciousness do they have on their site? These guys are pure brilliant. They walk you step by step on how to create savory dishes, without making it seem purely impossible. I'm sorry Barefoot Contessa, I don't have a flame torch handy at all times. These guys not only introduce you to ALL kinds of recipes (i.e. snickers, fruit hacks, lasagna, tacos, etc), but they do all sorts of challenges and battles. They even had a segment called #LostandHungry. Small tip, if you watch this channel have snacks or be completely full, because you WILL salivate. 


4. BuzzFeedVideo
I can't even remember when I first came across this fine group of people. This channel in particular IS a bit more of the popular side, plus they've done quite a few commercials with brands/companies on YouTube, so you MAY have seen them, but perhaps you haven't noticed them. BuzzFeed is a place where you can find hilarity in all it's forms. From alcohol and food taste tests (including products from around the world. Check out one example HERE), to trying out "mom jeans", to playing the restaurant version of telephone. They also do have "serious" type videos that discuss what it's really like to have PTSD, anxiety, or make a very difficult choice, with real people who have dealt with the real issues. They have multiple "sister channels" that are linked within eachother. They have the original "BuzzFeedVideo", "BuzzFeedYellow", "BuzzFeedBlue", and "BuzzFeedViole"t. Each with their own version of funny skits along with "educational" ones.


3. Andrew Huang (formerly songs to wear pants to)
This guy is a freaking musical genius in my book! He takes easily accessible objects and creates magical beats, recreating popular songs. He has also done his own songs (example HERE he made that one using only WATER!) I can't even begin to describe the creativity and ingenuity that this guy is capable of. The fact that he can use such frivolous items and make a melody, rhythm, and song is amazing. Seriously what the heck are you waiting for? I was introduced to this prodigy (my personal opinion) by my next 2 YouTuber favorites that I've joined together. All three of them co-created a song by finding objects and making sounds of out them. Andrew then mixed them up to create a new song, that I personally love. It's filled with creativity and humor. I truly think you'll enjoy it. You can see that link HERE.


Without any further due, here are my #2 and #1 YouTuber favorites, that I HIGHLY recommend.



2. & 1. Good Mythical Morning and Good Mythical More
Rhett and Link. The duo of all duos. The show that starts my day and completes my sanity ritual. (I drink coffee while watching. That's my "ritual".) Where should I even begin with these two. They do a daily show during the weekdays where they talk about all sorts of stuff. I know that doesn't sound interesting, but just bare with me. I began watching this hysterical dynamic group about 4 years ago, when they posting on their other channel, simply titled Rhett and Link. (They still post on that channel and the songs they create are absolutely awesome sauce. HERE is my first favorite - "I'm on Vacation" and HERE is my second favorite - "My OCD".) At the time I first discovered them, they were just two dudes moving across country to good ol' Los Angeles. They've progressed into so much more, I can't even begin to describe it. My son is also a HUGE fan of Rhett and Link. They do taste tests, a small series called "Will It" (Example, Will It Pizza? See it HERE), challenges, and simply talk about things that are plain crazy! To better explain, they did a segment recently called "Amazing Game Show Cheaters", where they talked about some of the infamous cheaters who...well....cheated. Trust me it's way more interesting than I'm making it seem. I can guarantee, they are something you want in your life. Without them, my life would be filled with mediocre laughs. Good Mythical Morning is the main show and Good Mythical More is the show after the show. Equally as funny, equally worth watching. 

And there you have it, my top 5 YouTubers. First off I would like to say thank you to all those who stuck around and read this entire article. I know it must have been difficult with so much awesome links on your screen. If you paused the reading to check out the links, don't worry about you. You're still cool. Secondly, you are now free to go check out these amazing YouTubers! I would love to hear your feed back on who you fell in love with. Let me know here in the comments, on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or email me! If you have any favorites you think are worth checking out, let me know! Maybe I'll make a favorites part 2!

Keep on rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment