Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

A to Z Food Challenge: A

On Wednesday I posted about how I would no longer be doing the anxiety challenges due to personal health issues. In place of trying to push myself to much, I've decided to input a positive (and delicious) "challenge". The A to Z cooking/food challenge. Now, this isn't a new challenge as I have seen/heard other bloggers do this. Mine however will be a bit different. Seeing as how my son is a bit picky, I've decided to do this with dinners I absolutely love. Whether it be homemade or store bought, will differ. I don't want to search through cookbooks struggling to create a dish that may or may not be delicious. While this IS a challenge, I want to use this as a chance to help other people find new and savory dishes for their kids/families. I'll also be doing a few "reviews" throughout. So without further ado, let's get to the first item(s) of the challenge!

As you guys may have noticed, I'm a Trader Joe's fan. No I'm not professionally affiliated with them, nor do they even know I exist, but I do genuinely love their food (and products). Today is no different. 

We took a trip to our local Trader Joe's for our Friday dinner. After grabbing samples, my son and I began walking down the frozen food section. I was already in the market for some type of pizza (I've tried a few different ones with amazing results), when I saw the Arugula Pizza for $3.99. I've always been a huge fan of arugula, but I've never tried it on pizza. I was thoroughly intrigued. It has cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, manchego, provolone, pecorino cheese, and of course arugula. 

We also picked up some of our usual favorites (that also happen to start with 'A'): 
Apples - literally all their apples are amazing, so we buy them in bulk and go through them like you wouldn't believe. 
Apple Juice - some of the freshest I've ever had, in my opinion. My son won't drink certain ones because "it tastes fake". What have I created???
Spinach Artichoke dip - yes technically it starts with an 'S', but the artichoke part is just as amazing! Makes a great dip for chips, an appetizer mixed with chicken, or just by itself! This is actually my 4 year old son's favorite!

After cooking our newest discovery, I questioned whether or not my son would actually eat it. He's never like arugula, so if he actually devours the pizza, it's a total win all around. Well guess what people? HE ATE HALF THE PIZZA!!! Granted I had to take the tomatoes off of his slices, because he's not a fan of tomatoes. I also had to remove a few tomatoes from my slices, as they were a bit overwhelming. A little too sweet for my taste as well. I would've loved fire roasted tomatoes, but I knew what I was buying. I will say this, it was absolutely delicious and definitely will be re-purchased in this household! 


With this particular pizza, it's led me to believe that maybe I don't have to knock out all the foods my son hates. Maybe I just need to try creative options with more over-powering flavors, in order to show him that those foods aren't "nasty". He was just as shocked as I was when he took his first bite. 

We paired our pizza with the apple juice we purchased, which was excellent, but this pizza would go with anything. If you're a wine drinker, this would be a perfect pizza for two during a late night. If you enjoy coke and pizza, this arugula pizza would be awesome for a night in with Netflix. It's a healthy option for dinner or lunch. My son said he couldn't taste the arugula, so maybe this would be a different option for you parents to try with your kids. Who knows, maybe it will be a new favorite for your family too!

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT?! On Monday (May 2nd, 2016), I will be announcing an amazing giveaway with beautiful products! Be sure to check out my blog and Instagram, where I will be letting everyone know the details! Until then, have a wonderful weekend you beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment