Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

How to make Doritos chicken tenders, for two, in just 25 minutes!!!

My son was sick for a while and wasn't eating anything special, only because he didn't feel up to it. I don't blame him. Poor little guy was so frustrated not being able to enjoy anything, but after he got some needed medicine, he started to have a ton of improvement. While his desire for anything super delicious wasn't quite up to par yet, he was eating more each day. Well, he's finally started to feel like his old self again. Meaning his appetite was ready for a good meal and he was actually willing to eat big portions. I took him to a buffet on Tuesday, so that he could go to town on as many foods as he'd like. He ate like a champ. So today I was browsing around Pinterest for special dinner ideas that my son would thoroughly enjoy. When I came across this recipe, that combined two of my son's favorite things to make a delicious meal, I knew I had to make it! All I needed was chicken tenders and Doritos. I ended up paying about $5 for the tenders and $3 for the Doritos at Target. Now, you can get a smaller bag and it will work just fine, but since we love Doritos and rarely have them, I sprung for the bigger bag. It took me a total of 25 minutes to prepare and cook. In the end, my son not only devoured the chicken tenders, but asked for seconds! Score! 

First, get yourself some chicken tenders, mayonnaise, and the Doritos of your choosing.
Then, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and start the prep work. Put about half the bag (if you're using the same size I am) into a Ziploc and start crunching. You want them to be small enough to cover the tenders nicely, but not too small that you have dust. 
Next, put about 1/4 cup of mayo into a bowl. Using a rubber spatula, lightly cover the chicken tenders in mayo, then dip them into the crunched up Doritos. Make sure to cover the entire tender. Put your tenders onto a NON-GREASED baking pan. 
Finally, put your tenders into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes (mine were perfect at 15 minutes) and boom. You have just created a delicious chicken tender everyone is sure to love!

I decided to use nacho flavored Doritos, but you could use any flavor. If you choose cool ranch, you could up the experience by adding ranch dipping sauce. This is a quick, inexpensive, sure fire way to get your kids to eat chicken. Yeah, Doritos aren't the healthiest thing in the entire world, but live a little. Trust me, you'll be so glad that you made them. There wasn't a single chicken tender left after 30 minutes. The amount I made was enough to feed the 2 of us hungry monsters, but you could easily make these for a party! I'm actually thinking about doing this for my son's birthday party this year, using all sorts of different Doritos flavors. It's flavorful, juicy, tender, and filing!

If you decide make you're own, show me on Instagram! I'd love to see you creations.
Bon appetit fellow foodies!






No comments:

Post a Comment